wedding. I currently work for Marriott Vacation Club and have been for the past year and a half. There is a lot of room for advancement, but some positions I don't know if I am quite ready for. So I could be making more money, but I choose not to due to my insecurities about what I want to even do. So I thought in the mean time, why not go talk to my 'ol buddy Casey at Ream's. For those of you who don't know, I worked for Ream's for 4 1/2 years. Wasn't the best job in the world, but it paid the bills at the time and I met my husband there. I was thinking about maybe going back to work there maybe 3 or 4 days a week for like 5 h
our shifts. I figure if I did that I could pay off some of my debts by this Christmas.. depending on if they'll even hire me back on with what I was making when I left. Plus I would have to request a really strict schedule, but it would be an extra $400, maybe $500 a month. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it would definitely help with my David's Bridal credit card. :) I guess I really can't blame my hourly wage on me not being able to pay the bills. I have been very lazy lately. I don't know why, but I am not motivated to go to work. My job is very flexible, meaning if it is slow during the day, my manager will send me home. (not getting paid for missed hours of course) I've also gotten into the habit of calling off whenever I don't "feel like" working. But even if I stuck with working my 40 hrs a week, I would still not be paying off my debts as fast as I would want to. So there's my internal debate.. Do I get another job to help pay off my debt faster? Or do I stay with my 40 week and pay them off in time? Why do these decisions have to be so difficult! I really want to get my debts paid, but do I really want to sacrifice my time at home? Would it be worth it in the end? What should I do?
5 comments:
Stay at your job, get over your insecurities, apply for VOA and make more money. Voila! I've solved it all for you. :) OH, and you can also work OT so you know that you'll make more money.
ditto what she said. just pick up an extra day here and you get paid time+half and apply for VOA since there's so many positions open on our team anyways. And as a VOA you get lots of incentives like $250 here and there so that would help.
You best stay at your job! I'd miss you too much if you left :( I understand the drive to pay off debt though. We still have some left from our wedding (which was more than one year ago). I think you'd make an awesome VOA. It's a bit more responsibility, but you'd be fabulous!
Does your sister need to find you and kick your $%^ ?
In the words of Dr. Seuss, "You have to go places no other can get to. You have to get cold and you have to get wet too."
There's no silver platter being passed around with opportunties to choose from. The universe is speaking to you right now. It's telling you that things can't continue the way they are if you want your dreams to come true. That's the reason for your internal debate. So make sure you are listening! You may not get a second chance to make a change.
I applaud you for realizing what you might need to do to get what you DESERVE in life. Whether it's a second job, or working towards a promotion at Marriott. Don't ever be afraid of hard work. I PROMISE you, it will ALWAYS pay off!
I LOVE YOU AND I AM HERE FOR YOU!
Seriously good topic! EVERYONE is at these crossroads once in awhile. I would say go with whatever opportunity fits into your '5 year plan'...i.e. where do you want to be 5 years from now? And what choice today will lead you on that path and help you achieve your plan/dreams? Good luck! Having the conversation with yourself is half the battle. Go you!
Post a Comment