Sunday, January 30, 2011

Scared to Stop...

So, I'm thinking it's time to stop nursing. I don't do it often. I'm basically just nursing for their 8 AM feeding and the 8 PM feeding. It's been working well, until recently. 


I've been taking anti depressants, which the Doctor says won't harm the girls, I still feel uncomfortable about it. Besides that, my sweet little girls have decided that they like to bite me. Now I don't know if you have ever had that happen... I guess some girls are kinky. But with newborn teeth (kinda like a puppy) it hurts like HELL! I'll be honest. I've really only had a problem with Avie, but Ella is now starting to do it. 


I started a trick my friend Leigh told me, but it isn't really working. After they bite, I immediately take them off, sit them down and walk away. But all I get is a screaming baby who ends up doing it again. 


So why am I scared? After explaining the above, you would think I would be glad to stop. I guess I'm scared of the pain that comes with stopping. My boobs will get huge and I've heard it is PAINFUL! Plus, will I lose that special bond that I have with the girls? I mean, they probably don't feel it. But I'm wondering if I'll miss it. It's the only thing that I can do that Kelly can't. 


I don't know.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Just do what you think is best...you're the mama! Graham didn't get teeth until about 13 months so I never had any issues with biting but I have heard it is VERY painful. I've seen my sisters when their baby's have bit them...they just screamed really loud (usually a natural reaction) and kind of flicked their mouth (that sounds rough...but it isn't). Good luck with whatever you decide!