Our little Avie Bug...

Avie had a Dr appointment this morning to double check a heart murmur that they noticed at last weeks visit. Our pediatrician was still hearing her heart murmur and was seeing some heavy breathing. So to be on the cautious side, she sent us up to Primary Children's Hospital.
3 hours later and after an Echo, Xray and ECG... The Dr told us that Avie is perfectly healthy! I'm so glad that I was in panic mode, witnessing my little girl go through test after test to find out that she is okay.
What IS wrong?! Well, the Dr wrote down the technical term, but I'll have to explain it anyways. It turns out that Avie's pulmonary artery is narrow, so it makes a sound when the blood runs through it. The Dr said it's common in preemies and that 99% of the time, it fixes on it's own. She also has a valve that is a little bigger than normal in the right side of her heart. But Dr says that 95% of babies with this problem, it fixes itself within the first year.
So that's the plan... Go back up to Primary's when Avie is a year old. But until then, she's perfect! All I know is that I do NOT want to have another day like today!!
Worst part of today! Conversation with a mother in radiology.
Woman: Your daughter is beautiful. What is she here for?
Me: We are checking on her heart murmur.
Woman: Really? That's what my son had. He ended up having a heart transplant a few weeks ago.. He's 4 months old.
Me: [ mouth wide open... hands start shaking... PANIC ]
THANK YOU stranger! Why don't you choose your words a little more wisely when talking to a new mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment