I can't believe the girls are 10 days old!
We went to see the pediatrician today, Dr Lynch. She's only met the girls twice, but she knows them really well. She can even tell them apart which most people can't. Both girls are healthy and looking good. Although Avie seemed a little yellow, so she did have to get tested for jaundice again. Unlucky for her, they also needed to get their PKU, so both of her heels were pricked. Very hard to watch and listen to them cry. But they both are pretty good with it... I think because they were tested so many times for their blood sugar in the hospital.
Weight Status: Both are doing great!
Ella:
Born @ 5 lbs 5 oz
Left hospital @ 4 lbs 15 oz
Today @ 5 lbs 7 oz
It's great to see that she's past her birth weight.
Avie:
Born @ 6 lbs even
Left hospital @ 5 lbs 7 oz
Today @ 5 lbs 15 oz
She's only 1 oz away from birth weight, Go Avie!
I'm doing good. However I'm still not sleeping... With my Mom here with me during the day, I really should be sleeping while the girls do, but it's hard. I'm such a worry wart. I really need to sleep during the day so that I can get up with them at night. Kelly is back to work (10-12 hr days) so I really don't want to interrupt his sleep.
We'll be going back to the Dr next week to check up on the girls weight and possible postpartum depression for me. Yea, I know. Sucks! I'm just very emotional. The Dr said that with the hormones, it's normal to see that within the first 2 weeks of giving birth. But if it last longer we definitely want to get it checked out.
Pictures are courtesy of Erica's photo shoot with them. She did an amazing job! However it was hard for me to watch/participate because I felt like the girls were in pain being put into certain positions. The tutu photos are my favorite and I'll be putting them in the nursery.
This is my Ella and my Avie!

2 comments:
Oh. Postpardum depression would not be fun. Before I had mine I was prepping myself to have it. I kept telling myself to just walk away if I was stressed.
I do not envy your position - it is tough, You will literally go crazy and be up every hour wondering which baby was fed last and which one needs to be fed now. You will wake up wondering where the babies are because you thought you were feeding. It is miserable. But it gets better week to week.
Don't be a worry wart. They are perfect and precious. They are champs and the best thing they need is a sane mommy :).
Good luck! Keep us updated!
They seriously are so cute! I love the little bows too. Seriously text or call me if you need anything.
Post a Comment