It just so happened that when Kelly and I went to PetSmart this past Saturday to buy a filter for our fish tank, they were having their "Adoption Day" Kelly and I have always wanted a dog and with the new house, we couldn't wait to get one. However, on this trip to PetSmart, leaving with a puppy was NOT planned. While Kelly searched the fish tank items, I wondered around the isles that had kennels of dogs, puppies, cats and kittens.. just looking. When I came to the end of the isle and saw a small black puppy. At this point I didn't know what kind of dog it was, but another family was looking at her. They seemed pretty interested so I walked off trying to find Kelly. We found ourselves passing this little puppy again, this time she was alone.
Kelly and I bent down to see what kind of dog she was when an employee stated, "This is Miss Piggy, she is a 3 month old Pit Bull Mix. You can take her out if you want." And that was that.. we took this adorable puppy out and couldn't put her back. Kelly and I took her home 20 minutes later.
Kelly and I did not keep the Miss Piggy, it really didn't fit her. So after searching the Internet for a few hours and with the help of Erica, we decided on Rosie Socks. If you can't tell by the pictures, her front legs look like they've been dipped in white paint OR like she is wearing socks.
Here are a few pictures of her falling asleep with Kelly on her first day with us and playing with her new best friend Lucas.
How could I NOT take a picture? Too cute! Her poor little belly is swollen from being spayed. Like her little bald spot?
Lucas and Rosie love to play together. Since Lucas can't fight with his paws, he fights with his teeth! So they just bite each other.. Luckily they know when to stop. There hasn't been any blood spilt, yet. Kelly took this picture mid-play and I don't know if you can tell but Lucas face is fierce! He kinda scares me when he plays, like he'll hurt Rosie. Just wait Lucas! :)
Why hello Friend!
3 comments:
So cute!! I love that they play together. And yes, Lucas is vicious with his teeth, but thats his only defense. His arms are too short!! I wonder what he'll resort too, when she's too tall for him to naw on. Guess we'll see!
Oh my goodness she is so cute!! I can't wait for her to come play with my boys! I told you pit bulls were the way to go. They are so sweet and very affectionate! I'm excited for you guys!
I thought the agreement was no kids for atleast two years?! Having a puppy is good training for having a baby. Kelsey oohed and awed over the pictures. She is really cute, I can't wait to meet her.
Post a Comment