For those of you that don't know, Kelly had a black lab named Rausco Bear before we started dating. Granny Goose (Kelly's Grandma Jerri) was kind enough to take care of him when we decided to move into our first apartment. But Rausco started to become too much for Goose and we had a decision to make. We moved into James Pointe because they allowed pets, but after the first few weeks of having Rausco in our small 2 bedroom apartment, Kelly decided that he deserved more than what we could currently give him. Unfortunately, no one could look after him until we got into a house so we had to give him up. It was probably one of the hardest things Kelly had to do, he loved that dog!
On a happier note, another advantage to getting into a home with a yard, we can finally have a dog! Falling in love with Kittie so fast surprised both of us being that Kelly and I are both Dog Lovers. But Kittie was the perfect "apartment pet" and has become part of the family. Although we love her, that isn't going to stop us from jumping at the chance to get a dog. Something that we've been waiting to do since giving up Rausco almost 3 years ago.
The type of dog has already been decided (Black Lab) and I would like to Thank both Joe and Erica for being okay with it. Our dog will be an outside dog, but compared to Erica and Joes little ones, Lab's can get pretty big. We have decided to get a female dog because they are more tame and don't get as big.
Kelly and I stayed up late last night just talking about possible dog names. Kelly can't rap his head around picking out a name before we get the dog, he has to see the puppy first. But I've been getting some ideas from co workers and online and I'd like some feedback.
Possible Names;
Luna - meaning moon in Latin. I like this because we're getting a black lab. The moon comes out at night, night is black.. get it?
Nellie - this would be short for Nelda, the previous owner to our new house. Pathetic I know.
Abbie - cute, right?
Ali - another cute one
Rubie - ???
Ali - another cute one
Rubie - ???
Let me know what you think!
3 comments:
i like luna
Name your dog Rubie!!!!
I'm still pulling for Turkish. Since its a female you can go for Turkey or Turkette. Not a bad idea.
Whatever happened to names like Rover, Max, Sadie or Patches. I guess I shouldn't talk. I named mine after a movie character.
What about Jewels or Missy? Maybe Butters? I'm a dork, I know. Good luck and I can't wait to see her. I especially can't wait until Edison kills over. LOVES!
Post a Comment