Saturday, February 26, 2011
A nice change of pace @ work!
Like the girl in the picture above... work has been a bore! It can get really tiring when you are doing the same thing day in and day out. Talking about the same situations with all owners, them complaining about yearly fees and no availability, it's hard.
But that's all about to change! Well, not really. I'm still going to be a Vacation Ownership Advisor (VOA), but I will have a few things that will break up my work week.
-Webinars
-IDEAS Committee
-Back Up Trainer
Webinars: Once in awhile, I'll be working on an online Webinar. I'll be on an online chat with Owners that are listening to a presentation. Basically to answer any questions that they may have during the session.
IDEAS Committee: This isn't a huge one. But I represent my team on the committee. The committee is just as it says. I gather ideas from my team about anything then take them to the committee who then decides on which ideas are good enough to take to corporate. At least that's what I think it's all about. I haven't been a member before, but we are meeting together next week.
Best of ALL! Back Up Trainer: Every time there is a new hire class, I'll be in there 2x a week helping out with any questions. They don't have classes all of the time, so it may only be a couple of times a year. But when I work only 3 weekdays, it will be awesome to have a break for 2 of them. Plus, I love helping others.. teaching. I mean, I always wanted to become a teacher, but was never motivated to go through with it. And I figure that I'll most likely be with Marriott for awhile and I would love to become a full time trainer one day, so this gets my foot in the door!
I am happy to report that I did work my 4 days last week!! Okay, well I did leave a little early on Wednesday because we had a WIC appointment.. and I left an hour early on Friday because it was so slow. But hey!, I'm just glad I made it to work those 4 days!!! Baby steps remember! One thing at a time! There is a new hire class staring on Monday the 28th, so hopefully getting in my full work hours won't be as bad for awhile, since I'll have a break 2x a week.
In other news... I think I'm done nursing. About a month ago, I started nursing only for morning and night feedings... but the girls aren't very nice anymore. They seem to bite me almost every time I try. They seem to online bite me during the night time feeding. Why, I don't know. But I'm terrified to even attempt to nurse now, so I think I'm just going to stop. I thought I would try again tonight, but Avie bit me. Worst thing EVER! We'll now have to buy a couple of extra cans of formula a month, but luckily WIC helps out with most of it.
That's pretty much it for now! Kelly is still home, no seizures since his last in December, so with Dr approval he should be back to work late March, early April. I can't wait for him to get back... he's starting to get cabin fever and it's driving us both nuts. Girls are great, we have their 9 month appointment next week so I'll be sure to update with stats!! Gotta get to bed! Work early tomorrow and then off to the Family Oscar Party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment