The first night we did it, we gave the girls 2 oz of formula and 1 oz breast milk. They did great, but it didn't really make a huge difference. Girls woke up exactly 3 hours later to eat again. The second night we tried it the girls would not drink, same with the 3rd night. So we decided to take a step back. Obviously 2 oz of formula was too much to start off. So Monday we started giving the girls 2 oz breast milk and 1 oz formula. It's been working great!! The girls are eating the entire bottle and are sleeping better! We start feeding them around 8:30 and they finish around 9. Bottle feeding the girls takes awhile. The girls are still awake, but we put them in their crib. As hard as it is, we allow them to cry themselves to sleep which can take up to 30 minutes. So they get to sleep at least by 10 pm and they don't wake me up until 2 am for the next feeding! Then after that, 6 am! It's been nice! I've been getting some great sleep! I hope I'm not jinxing it, but 3 nights in a row... YES!
We plan on continuing this until next week and then we'll try to increase the formula, 2 oz of formula/1 oz breast milk. Then give that a week, then maybe we can go all formula and no breast milk. Hopefully that will work and I'll get a good milk storage!
It's been a challenge, but we're working at it! The girls are doing great and I hope
that in the next 4 weeks, we'll make even more progress!
1 comment:
Yay for more sleep! And good for you mommy for letting the girls learn to put themselves to sleep by themself! This will be a huge time saver in the long run!!!
Post a Comment