Right after Labor Day, I'm back to work. I know some of you have heard that I was trying to work out what is considered a "job share," but that fell through. Unfortunately no one was available or wanted to do one...

So where does that leave me? Well in order to maintain full time status, which is my only option, I have to work at least 35 hours. Now, most managers like you to work the full 40, but my manager is willing to work with me. He is allowing me to work 4 days a week, 9 hour days as long as I keep up with my book of business. That's easy! I worked 25-30 hours while I was pregnant and did a better job than those working 40+ hours! It's true! I may not work that much, but I'm good at what I do!
But yea... 4 days a week, 9 hour days! It's going to be so hard to get used to. All in all I think it will be really good for me. Not only could we use the extra money, but I'm going to need "adult" time. Get away from all the chaos that is feeding, diapers and screams! I've set it up so that I will work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday! I thought having every Wednesday off would break up my week. Mondays I'll open, 6:30 am - 4 pm and the rest I'll close 9:30 am - 7 pm. The hours might not be my favorite, but it works around Kelly's schedule too. It's going to be weird going back after so long. Especially because they've done a lot of changes while I've been gone. Luckily I won't have to jump right on the phones. I'll just have to get back into the swing of things fast... and find a quiet place where I can pump. That's going to be weird!! Plus, I'll have to stock my filing cabinet with food, since I eat like crazy while nursing! I'd rather have a stock than raid the vending machines or go for fast food!
I'm lucky enough to have family willing and wanting to watch the girls for us! Erica offered to take them maybe once or twice a month on her Monday's off and then my Mom offered to take the rest! She is even willing to take them all 4 days if I need her. Not only is she going to be our primary babysitter, but she has also offered to come here, to our house to watch them! She likes the idea that everything she would need is right here and she has even offered to clean and maybe cook sometimes for us. I know! Amazing right?! I honestly don't know what we would do without her! Plus we have other aunts and grandparents that could take a day here and there! We will probably get the girls into a day care sooner rather than later... but I'm thinking for the first year, we'll take advantage of the free and loving day care!! I still feel bad though... leaving 2 babies with someone is a lot harder than leaving one!
As disappointed as I am that we can't afford me to be a stay at home Mom, I'm looking at this as a positive situation! Even though I've loved the last 12 weeks, I've been going a little crazy couped up in the house. This will be good! It will be good, it just has to! Right?! Let's see if I'll still be saying that in October!
Hope all is going well with everyone! Much love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment