Measuring 11.5 weeks and heart rate at 167.
Meet Baby#2
Measuring 11.5 weeks and heart rate at 171.



Kelly thinks the baby lying vertically looks like a little robot... and Erica thinks the one laying horizontally takes after me, because it's being lazy!! But there they are!! Two babies... in my belly. It's still so hard to believe. I don't even think it will really hit Kelly or me until we are both holding the cuties!
As for me, I'm doing much better. I mean, I'm past the sickness (knock on wood) and moving on to the body aches. Mostly it's been my back and my stomach. A lot of stretching going on to try and fit these two in there. I still am having trouble eating. I think it's weird to be starving but have no appetite. Food just doesn't sound appealing and it's difficult for me to eat. More so in the evening... I've been doing good with being able to eat some cereal in the morning, but I have to work on dinner.
I've been trying to hold out on buying maternity clothes, but I don't think I'll be able to do that much longer. With my stomach stretching and expanding double what a single baby would be, my pants no longer fit. Luckily I've got Mom and Nancy who just can't wait to take me shopping! I'm definitely starting to show and haven't decided on whether or not I'll be posting pictures. If you were to look at me and not know I was pregnant... just get me to laugh. My entire round stomach bounces up and down, like a jello mold! It's pretty funny to see!
But that's all for now!! Just going to try and get through the holidays in one piece. My next appointment will be after Christmas, but I don't expect anything big. But I will certainly keep you guys all updated!
If I don't see or talk to any of you before the holiday...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! We love you all!!
4 comments:
How exciting! Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures! I hope you guys sure have a wonderful Christmas Season! Take care of those little ornaments growing in your belly! Don't stress about the no appetite, that'll come back quick then you won't be able to stop yourself! I'm so happy for you to become a mom it's such a blast! Love ya - Chandra
GREAT NEWS!!!! We had not heard, so I am glad that I happened upon your blog. Keep us updated and take care of yourself. Have a safe and Happy Holidays. - Doug
In terms on buying maternity clothes... you need to get a belly band (aka be band! It lasted me till about week 25ish. Its just a stretchy thick band that you can wear around your waist so you are allowed to wear your pants undone, but not look skanky. It's a must! You can get them at Target and motherhood maternity and other maternity places. It may even work on me now, but I am just so large that I doubt it.
Also, go to Gap in Jordan Landing. They have the cutest maternity clothes. I wish I would have gone there from the gitgo... but it took me a while to realize how ugly motherhood maternity was. They are also priced like motherhood maternity.
I cannot believe you are already in that much pain! I feel for you. Sleeping has actually been great for me. Body pillows and leg pillows.. pillows pillow pillows. I take up most of the bed, but it is so necessary! Once you get into your 2nd trimester, don't be too afraid to get into warm baths. I think I take one every single night. It helps with hemmorhoids (sp?) and with the aches.
The food does create an interesting dilemma. All I can say is just snack all day or eat out. I could never eat at home for the first 16 weeks. It gets expensive but it was worth it for me... except the time I ate fried rice from Panda Express then threw it all up... SO PAINFULL with rice being passed through my nose. Trust me, your appetite will come back and in full swing. I was never one to finish a value meal from any fast food place, but now I can easily and with shakes on the side.
Just try to enjoy it. It sucks, but it passes and you forget all about it. The 2nd trimester really is such a wonderful time. You get your energy back and things just feel right. Being pregnant feels natural.
Us twin pregnancies are spoiled with all of the ultra sounds we get. I have seen my babies yawn, and kick each other, and suck their thumbs!! Enjoy every single one, it costs an arm and a leg but I could not imagine NOT seeing these little ones every 4 weeks.
Good luck, I will be waiting to hear what they are. I am guessing 2 boys with those heart beats. Almost exactly like what mine were.. but who knows!!
O duh, I am one big D U M. Not Gap... pregnancy brain! The clothes are at Old Navy at Jordan Landing.
Post a Comment