Sunday, November 15, 2009

Baby? Yes Please!!

Yep, if you haven't already heard through the grapevine or my updated facebook status, I'm pregnant! That's right, Kelly and I are expecting our first child June 2010. We confirmed with a Family Practice Dr. on 10/27 and still can't believe it. Weren't really planning or trying for a baby... but it happened! It has been so hard to keep it a secret since then... I know I'm still in the early stages but I can't hold it in anymore! I'm excited and I want to share it with family and friends!!

I don't have much to say now, only that I'm a little over 2 months along and am nauseous 24/7. I've only had a few days of real morning sickness, but so far so good. I haven't really been eating... due to the my constant nausea and food not sounding good. But I'm trying to get better! I've been stuffing myself with Honey Nut Cheerios, PB&J Sandwiches, Mashed Potatoes, and Kettle Corn. I know, not the most balanced pregnancy diet... but it's the only thing that sounds good and that I can keep down. Smells are starting to get to me, which I never thought would happen.

We have our first visit with an OBGYN on 11/30 at the new IMC Hospital in Murray. I'm really excited but nervous as well. Once I got married, my new insurance no longer covered my old Dr, so I'm starting off new and that can be a little nerve racking! We don't have a set due date... but I've done some calculating and if I'm correct we'll be expecting our little bundle of joy late June 2010.

So I'm stressing!! Which isn't good for me or the baby. But not having planned this pregnancy, I'm just really worried about finances. I mean I know you can never be fully ready for a baby... but we didn't really prepare at all. But as my husband always says "Things will work out!" And they always seem to!

Be sure I'll be keeping you all posted over the next 7 months and I'll be sure to post my due date right after the Thanksgiving Weekend!

Thank you to my family for being very supportive!!
(especially our roommates!!)

11 comments:

Brittni V. said...

Congrats Andee! You better be at work tomorrow! We've GOT to talk!!

Erica said...

Well, your roommates are excited for the bundle of joy! Why not add a kid, right? We've got 4 adults, 1 cat, 3 dogs, over a dozen fish (and not to mention all the rats in the backyard!!) We can easily fit 1 more!!! :)

Congratulations on such wonderful news. I'm so happy you've decided to share with everyone - now I CAN share with everyone as well! Hee hee. Love you both!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations Andee and Kelly! Our family is very excited for you, it is all the kids wanted to talk about last night. Children are such a blessing and I am sure you will feel that in the coming months. We love you!! Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Ciara said...

I'm so happy for you!!! you both will love it! as for the sickness smells and taste my favorite was viatmin water lemonade flavor. It was about the only thing i could handle and it made me feel better because it has some vitamins. CONGRATS!!!

Cody said...

Congrats we are very excited for you!

Krista said...

AAAHHHHHH!! Andee I rarely comment on blogs but of course this post was a must! I am so excited for you and Kelly and the joy you will find in parenthood. It is difficult to keep it a secret so I'm impressed you were able to wait two full months, way to go! I'll pass the news onto the Peck family and I know we are all looking forward to a baby shower, oh so cute! I hope you begin feeling better soon it usually gets better after 13 weeks or so....Good luck! Love ya, Krista

chandra said...

Congrats you to crazies! Kids are awesome and you will love every second of it! I'm so happy for you guys and for your roommates too! Maybe they will jump on board too?! Take care Love Ya Dee

Jessica Downward said...

Congrats Lus I am so happy for you guys! :) I can't wait to be another Aunt!! Especially if the Boy is right and we get a Niece!! :) But i will still love your nudger if its a boy too :)

Rochelle said...

How exciting!!! Congrats! Make sure you keep us updated!

Sharon/MOM said...

OH MY GOSH! We are so excIted for you!! And KJ is exactly right...things will work out. And you will never look back. Love Love Love the babies! Sharon

Chandy Colton said...

Congrats! how exciting, can't wait to see your updates on your pregnancy. Being a Mommy is the most wonderful thing ever, they just grow up WAY TOO FAST! but you will love it. :)