Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Obsession?

House of Night to replace Twilight??

I think Erica is a little sick and tired of me being completely obsessed with the Twilight Book Series and the upcoming movie, that she has given me a new book to read. It's another book based on vampires, or as they say vampyres. It's the House of Night Series, first book entitled Marked. Erica wants me to branch out and realize that there are other fictional characters that deserve my attention, other than Edward. I think that is insane, Edward is my one and only.. but I decided to take her up on the challange. I DO need to find a new book to read, I have gone a little crazy. I didn't openly announce my new blog, but my friend at work, Kelly and I have started a new blog. You can find the link on my page under my 'favorite links' named Edward Cullen. What can I say? Kelly and I are in love and have a few extra hours at work. But again, attention away from Twilight. I started reading the first book of the House of Night Series, Marked this weekend and it is really strange.. but I can't stop reading. Marked is the first of four books; Marked, Betrayed, Chosen and Untamed. (Untamed not pictured)

It is very different from the Twilight vampires. To me, I consider it the Harry Potter of vampire books. In this series, you do not become a vampyre from a bite.. you get "marked" by a vampyre called a Tracker. And when I say marked, I really mean marked.. fter the Tracker finds you, you receive an outline of a cresent moon tattoo on your forehead. After being marked, you then must go the "House of Night" a private school for those chosen and you must stay there for 4 years during the transition, which some do not survive.

I'm not that far into it and will let you guys know how I like it! But will this be a new obsession? Will I have to read ALL of the series and fall in love? Okay, so I may have to read all of the books, but come on.. Love someone other than Edward? Not a chance! :)

If you guys want more info on this series they do have a website. House of Night www.houseofnightseries.com

No comments: