Saturday, July 10, 2010

I want them BACK!

I want my boobs back. That's right, my boobs! T.M.I? Sorry it's how I feel. They are no longer just eye candy. :)

Nowadays, they aren't mine. They belong to the girls. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls and I don't blame them. I just don't like the pain. The cracked nipples, poor latches, engorgement! Will it get better as they get older or worse? Getting older means a better understanding and better latching... however, doesn't that also mean more pain? And what about when they start getting teeth. OMG! I hate thinking about it.

I know I should NEVER wish for the girls to be bigger, because I will regret it. They'll end up growing up too fast. But when can I start with rice cereal? 4-6 months? How long do you nurse? Until about 12 months? I haven't even been doing this for 2 full months and I'm already complaining. Please don't think ill of me... I shouldn't be selfish! My girls need me! And if nursing is the best thing for them... then I'll deal through my problems.

Thank God for the pump. At least I can get a break every once in awhile. My next obstacle is to start pumping and saving for when I go back to work. Because I'm feeding two girls at once, the only time I can pump is after the feedings. However, it's not that much because the girls pretty much take it all. That's my biggest worry right now. Going back to work. Will I still be waking up 3 times a night to feed them? Will I have enough milk to start? Will I be able to pump at work? So much to worry about!!

Alright, I'm done complaining. Sorry about the personal post. I just had to get it off my chest. Ha Ha, CHEST!! :)

1 comment:

KC said...

man do I know how you feel.

You are doing just fine. Get to 10 weeks. If you are REALLY sore, try using nipple protectors. That is what I have to use.. I have flat nipples. I had no idea until i had them. So I needed a little boost. My sister, who doesn't have flat nipples, uses the nipple shield too. She uses it because her little one hurts her all the time.


4 months will come soon. But by that time, you will be getting the hang of it. 6 months is really right around the corner. Mike and I were already talking about christmas presents today. Crazy right? Andee you are probably doing a great job. Nursing is the pits. Nursing two is even worse, but I hear by 12 months, we will love it and not want to stop. Here's to hoping :).

P.s. you are totally allowed to complain. It's actually a mommy of twins rule. Complain as much as you want. ;)