That's right!! We're getting a jump start on the nursery! I know I still have about 4 more months, but I'm sure they'll go by fast!
This past weekend was spent clearing out the room, moving everything out! Thanks again Erica and Joe!! Now, this week the plan is to wash the walls and get ready for painting this weekend! My Mom and Kelly are going to be putting up some crown molding, chair rail with bead board and base, but my Mom suggested painting prior to all of that. That way we don't have to tape anything off and can just go with it. Such a smart woman, my mother!
Not only are we getting ready to paint, but we've been shopping!! Last night we went out to dinner with Dad and Nancy, then stopped by Babies R Us to look around. We had been there once before so I kinda already knew what I was looking for. Most people don't know this, but we found out Babies R Us gives a 10% discount if you are buying multiple large items, i.e. cribs, strollers, car seats etc. It's the "Twin Discount" Well, I guess the cribs I found were an Online Purchase Only and you don't receive the discount while purchasing online... that sucks! Not only that, but the credit card Nancy signed up for gives you 10% off your purchase, but that doesn't work online either. This wasn't working out! I wanted to save as much as possible since we were buying double of everything! The last time we were there I saw a really cute white crib for a great price and kept it in the back of my mind just in case the black crib wouldn't work. Well not only did the white cribs save Nancy 20%, they had 2 in stock!! I never really understood the whole "nesting" thing until now! But I am so relieved to get going on this and get some furniture! Not only am I excited to paint and get everything organized, I can't wait to hang all of their clothes in the closet!! I'm so excited!!
So Dad and Nancy spoiled us last night! We picked up our cribs and even our bedding! It's really cute! Thanks Dad and Nancy for everything!! We love you!!
I'm off to my 18/19 week appointment! Don't expect anything too exciting, hopefully a little weight gain, but not a ton! I'll be sure to post pictures of the nursery painting this weekend, cribs and the bedding!
3 comments:
Can't wait to see! I love white cribs! Ours has been through 3 babies now, and I love how fresh it looks with new bedding each time. You can't go wrong with white! And keeps the room from feeling so heavy and full with dark furniture. So excited for you guys!
It is a good thing you are doing things now. We started early on, and collected 20% off coupons constantly. They are given every so often as well as 15% coupons. They have been life savers when it comes to buying the big items like cribs, bedding, carseats.. UGH CAR SEATS. I know you will be going through the dilemma of strollers and I will tell you what I decided to do - It may help. I spent TONS of time researching.
I decided to get the double snap and go stroller and here is my reasoning. First off, when you look at the double tandem strollers that fit car seats, you are looking at 50 lb. strollers... JUST THE STROLLER. I am not sure about you, but there is no way I would be able to lift one let alone have one fit in my car. So I decided to go with the more fiscal approach. The snap and go stroller weighs only 20 lbs and costs $80 on amazon and it folds easily. There is a downside to it - it only fits certain models of carseats. I, from the beginning, liked the Gracco snugfit 35 which worked out perfectly because that model does indeed fit in the stroller. This stroller will work perfectly till the babies are over a year old. By that time, I will get a jogging stroller that the babies will sit in easily because by that time they can sit up on their own and it moves well and most fit through doors and they do not weigh over 30 pounds.
Mike and I are debating on getting single strollers with attatching bars that will make them double strollers. The reason we like this idea is so that if we need to go one place with one baby, we don't have to take a double stroller and we can just take a single one.
It is a tough decision to make and there are lots of opinions out there. So far I really like the stroller. I play around with it. The size, folding, putting the car seats in, etc - all really great and easy to use and function. I guess an upside to getting one of the 50 lb strollers is that they last with your kids. They fit up to 4 year olds which is nice that you don't have to worry about other strollers... but again, Mike and I like our ideas.
Hope shopping goes well for you. I am not sure if you have registered yet, but when I registered I thought it would take only 20 minutes... I was there for 2 WHOLE HOURS!! It was ridiculous! Also, constantly go to the babierus website and look at the deals they have. I got my bottles at buy 1 get one 50% off and other awesome deals.
yeah i cant wait to see the nursery!
Post a Comment