Sunday, September 6, 2009

Blackstrom Sleepover!

Last weekend we had all of our nieces and nephews over at our place for some much needed fun! We'd been wanting to get all of the kids together ever since Kelsey came home from the hospital and we were glad we finally made plans!! It was so good to see all of the kids together! Especially Kelsey, seeing her having fun was the best thing all night!

We started the night off with making our own personal pizzas! Lots of fun! However, I didn't even get to eat mine. I got full from just snaking on the pepperonis, so good! But all in all I think the pizzas were a good idea and start to the night. I will tell you one thing, I won't make Kool Aid anymore around kids or Erica for that matter. I don't know how many times Erica spilled that Kool Aid all over my counter. Thank heavens for, what was it? car cleaner? Or I would have never gotten the red spots off of my counter. It was even hilarious walking in on Erica in my kitchen and she had spilled all over the floor and some cabinets and was trying to clean it all "sneaky" like. Good times!

After some yummy homemade pizza, we decided to have the kids do a craft. Erica thought it would be great to do some finger painting and then send home the kids creations in frames to keep. Everyone loved the idea, even Kelsey! Even though she's the oldest, she always has so much fun just being a kid! So we dressed the kids in old camping t-shirts of Erica's and let them go wild with the paint. Kelly even found himself drawing a few creations. Things got pretty messy, but the kids did a great job!

We ended the night with Toy Story 2, popcorn and skittles! Kelsey and Garrett fell asleep first, followed by Lauren. But the two 3 1/2 year olds were still giggling. Finally with the help of Baby Tad Jesse and Caleb fell asleep. What a crazy night with 5 kids running around, but even among all of the chaos... a few whining moments... Kool Aid all over my kitchen (thanks Red!) we had the BEST TIME!!

We've already talked to the kids about a possible September/October camp out! Maybe some fishing, fire complete with smores and then spending the night in tents. We're gonna want to do it soon though, before it starts to get cold. What do you think parents? Can we still your kids for another night?

THANK YOU to the parents for letting us spend some time with the kids! I love seeing them and getting in that quality time! Thanks to the kids for coming!! Uncle Kelly and Aunt Andee love you all!!

*** Collage below are pictures from the sleepover! ***

No comments: