Thursday, March 5, 2009

"When it rains, it pours."

It's not just the slogan for Morton Salt anymore...

The other day I saw on Erica's facebook the saying "When it rains, it pours!" And I've never really understood the meaning of that, until now. Many know how difficult this week has been for my family and I thank you all for the love and support you have shown.

This past week I've looked into the eyes of a dying Grandmother. She has always been so strong and even at her weakest, she was beautiful. It was hard saying Good Bye, but I am comforted knowing that she is at peace. She is in a better place and her mind can now rest. She will be forever missed.

In the past couple of days, I've seen a husband and a wife grieve over an unexpected and sudden loss. I've seen a sister go through one of the hardest things she will ever have to experience. I've sat in a hospital room clinging to a hope that never really existed. I've seen a little boy wonder what's happened to his Mommy. And I find myself asking -Why? Why did this have to happen to their family? Why must they go through this terrible ordeal?-

Everything happens for a reason. Another saying that my family is trying to grasp this week. Saying or no saying, quote or no quote.. this has definitely been one of the hardest weeks my family has ever had to go through. I can only hope that there will be light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Thanks again for all of the love and support everyone has given me and my family. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

KALIE said...

Thank you Andee this blog post was so sweet of you. I love you so much and I appreciate everything you did for Jesse and I. It's time's like this when you realize who truly loves you the most...and you showed us by being the wonderful person that you are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Annalisa said...

We love you and hope you are keeping your head up. I hope to see you at work soon :) but then, i don't wish that on you